INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
When you make a reservation for a restaurant on our site, we will need to collect certain information about you such as your name, email address, phone number and location. We do not share personal information about you with outside parties.
INFORMATION ABOUT ALL VISITORS OF DiningCity.cn
DiningCity may gather certain usage information from diningcity.cn, like the numbers and frequency of visitors to our web site. The data is only used on the aggregate and does not include any personally identifying information.
DiningCity app permissions
- DiningCity may request location permissions in order to accurately show content in the relevant location.
- DiningCity may request camera and file access permission in order to let you post photos in reviews or update your user profile.
DC Assistant app permissions
- DC Assistant may request location permissions to help you set up your restaurant location setting.
- DC Assistant may request camera and file access permission in order to let you submit restaurant, deal or menu dish photos.
DiningCity uses a technology nicknamed 'cookies'. Cookies are pieces of information that a web site transfers to your computer's hard disk for record keeping purposes. They tell us how and when pages on our site are visited and by how many people. Cookies do not collect personally identifiable information, although they do identify a user's computer. We do not combine information collected through cookies with other personally identifiable information in order to detect who you are or what your screen name or e-mail address is. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent this. If you do so however, you may not be able to take full advantage of our web site. The complete the restaurant reservation process can for example only be accessed if you accept cookies.
DiningCity will, but are not obliged to, at your request or on our own initiative replenish, rectify or erase any incomplete, accurate or outdated personal data on you.
Personal information collected by diningcity.com is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public.
AREAS NOT COVERED BY THIS PRIVATE POLICY
STATEMENT OF POSSIBLE TRANSFEREES
- Information we collect about you will only be used by the restaurant where you make your online reservation.
STATEMENT OF RIGHTS OF ACCESS AND CORRECTION
- You have the right to request access to and correction of information about you held by us.
NOTICE OF CONTACT PERSON TO REQUEST ACCESS OR CORRECTION
- We do not collect any personally identifiable information from the visitors to our website. Our service provider makes a record of your visit that shows only the Domain Name Server address part of your email address, e.g. "coolmail.com" from an e-mail address of "email@example.com", and of the pages visited. The service provider only discloses to us aggregate information about the number and types of visitors by reference to their Domain Name Server address. This information is used by us only for preparing general statistics on the usage of our website.
- For Hong Kong guests, referring to Schedule 1 ’Data Protection Principles’, section 3b of Principle 1-purpose and manner of collection of personal data in (full text) "Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance" (available: http://www.pcpd.org.hk)
(3) Where the person from whom personal data is or is to be collected is the data subject, all practicable steps shall be taken to ensure that-
(b) he is explicitly informed-
(i) on or before collecting the data, of-
(A) the purpose (in general or specific terms) for which the data is to be used; and
(B) the classes of persons to whom the data may be transferred; and
(ii) on or before first use of the data for the purpose for which it was collected, of
(A) his rights to request access to and to request the correction of the data; and
(B) the name or job title, and address, of the individual who is to handle any such request made to the data user
The information collected from you will be used for the purpose of processing your online reservation for Restaurant Week and will be used by the restaurant to follow up with your online reservation only.
You will receive a confirmation email after you made your reservation mentioning your filled in details.
- Reviews exist in two types: Verified and Unverified reviews. Verified reviews are reviews you make after having made a booking and being confirmed as a guest. (48 hours after the meal). These reviews count towards your membership level with reward points. Unverified reviews are reviews you can always write about a restaurant even without having booked.
- Content: Content should be clear and factual. We recommend you to focus on the food quality, service, atmosphere / environment and the value of your dining experience. Please refrain from posting links to other websites or promotions on other sites in your reviews. We want to keep the reviews as clean and clear as possible. Please also keep the review on-topic.
- Removal guidelines: Reviews may be screened and removed if the review is a repost (sometimes we get multiple reposts of the same review), clearly written by staff of the restaurant, non-descript or vague, or abusive. We also don’t condone profanity in reviews. If you have a complaint the restaurant may reply to your review or may contact you if you have booked through the reservation system. DiningCity retains the final decision in interpretation and evaluation of review content.
Support & Complaints
- If there is something you need help with, doesn’t work properly, something went wrong during a reservation, or you’re not sure how to do something then please contact us. We rely on your feedback to help improve our services. You can reach us on firstname.lastname@example.org or +86-21-31076100 or email@example.com (Hong Kong).
- Restaurants we work with are of good standing, possess the correct qualifications and licenses and provide the service and experience they are capable of. If something does go wrong we can mediate between the restaurant and yourself and try to help provide a satisfactory outcome if the booking was made through DiningCity or any of our events.
- By uploading images to DiningCity through its website or app you confirm that the images uploaded are your own and free other copyrights. You also agree to provide DiningCity with a license to use the image on its website or on its affiliated domains and DiningCity’s marketing campaigns and events.
- Pictures should be non-offensive in nature and focus on the dining experience you had. Uploading violent, pornographic, or non-compliant images according to the guidelines of the country being hosted in may result in your account being suspended.
Liability & Conduct
- DiningCity as an online dining guide, reservation service and dining event organizer is not responsible for anything that might occur in the restaurant itself. (As a website we can’t control the cook or the waitress…). We can however contact the restaurant on your behalf if an incident has occurred and try to help you find a viable outcome.
- DiningCity does not tolerate abusive behavior of customers towards the restaurant or our own staff. We provide the service and support we can. We expect our customers to be equally professional and reasonable. Abuse will result in being blacklisted from our events, and threats will be reported to the relevant authorities.
Fair Use Policy
- DiningCity's reservation service and events are designed to make dining out and trying more restaurants easier. However reservations made on the platform should be considered fair and reasonable in quantity and time. Users found to make many reservations for the same restaurant in consecutive days, very many reservations within a very short period of dining, or other types of booking behavior that makes it highly improbable that the reservations will be actually completed are considered to be "seat squatting" meaning they are occupying seats and thereby blocking seats to be able to booked by other users. This type of behavior through DiningCity's services is considered against fair use and will result in accounts being blocked and reservations made being cancelled. Users will be issued a warning via phone and / or SMS before being blocked.
DiningCity holds the final right to interpretation, explanation, and implementation of these policies. Policies are subject to change without prior notification.